About k6yar.com – everyone has a name!
The word k6, in basic term, means what’s up in Nepalese Language in informal way.
By adding yar, it becomes k6yar?–making it even more informal. While the word will have “What’s up?” or “What’s happening” or “What’s going on?” in English language, the word k6yar is used often among closed friends and even among spouse. In Devanagari, it is written as केछ ? One interesting point about this language is also the resemblance to Hindi greeting, which goes like this: KyahalHay or just what would be Kya. The earlier KyaHalha in Hindi means the same as in Nepali. The word k6yar can also have the meaning as a question similar to English, how are you or how is your health.
We picked this domain because it was short and it stuck to us all day long when we decided to pick one. Now that you know there is even a domain that asks you how you are, be sure to tell your friends and family that there is actually a domain called k6yar.
What’s in a Name ? Here is more
- Use the word k6yar in between close friends not with your Dad or Mom or any one above you. The country’s culture for upbringing kids has “Respect” at the forefront in teaching day by day. And Respect be it in writing or in speaking plays an important role. To give you an example, you rarely call your mom or dad by their name.
- It’s common to see husband and wife use the word k6yar.com. Example, a tired husband would come home and say to his wife, k6yar ? or same would go fro lady if the husband is unemployed or is on a day off. The answer to the question is general, “nothing much” and in Nepali” Kay He Chaina“
- Two good friends often love to use the words.
- Scholars also use the word k6yar when they meet.
- It is generally believed that when a friend tells you k6yar? he or she is really not expecting any answer from you. But to keep the communication going, you shouldn’t just keep your mouth shut either. Say something about what is going on, perhaps in your life, or what’s up ahead. If you are cooking a meal for both ? say it, he could be hungry. or if nothing is happening in your life you could say, “Kay he pani chaina yar” or “Ustaitahho” all meaning nothing much and all is same.
What would this domain look like in Devanagari / Nepali Language ?
Let’s have a look :
We hope you enjoy k6yar.com, please make this site yours. To send your stuffs, all you need to do, login, write and let us know where your photo is; perhaps on Facebook?
And we will do what we can, to promote your literature or video or just your name! Sounds cool! Sure. Who doesn’t like appreciation ? Wait a minute. We think you got more talents. You can play guitar, play some flutes, or bang that drums ? Are your voices being buried in Nepal ? Do you feel that nobody has recognized your talent. Ignore them. Join here. We will push your talent to the next Nepal. We strive at extending our helping hands to those who are talented in any fields–writing, drawing, singing, playing, sports, you name it !
Just take some time to look around, search, read some articles. Also look under the page “UGO NEPAL” which basically means Under Ground Nepal, a term that refers to hidden talents in our nation.
Well, thank you once again for coming here. Have a wonderful day. We hope you won’t miss our frequently updated contents (about 3 to 4 times a week on various topics. To be able to stay tuned, vising often or make it easier to find us from your browser. Simply point to this website from your browser. Hold Control Key then Press D key to bookmark this site
How to contact us ?
- Due to spammers bombarding our contact form, we regret that the online contact form is now substitute with youtube channel’s PM. If you need to contact us for any reasons, simply PMs at our youtube channel. Click, http://www.youtube.com/k6yardotcom, the link will open in a new window. On the channel page, add us as a friend in order to send message and please give us about a week or so to respond to your message.
Can I add a link to my site here.
- You may, so long your content is unique, resourceful and can be viewed by minors. However, as the site is run by volunteers, decision of adding any site could be with any of the volunteers. We can not guarantee that your site will be listed. If you have encouraged others to help find this site by linking to us, let us know below or on your youtube channel. It usually helps review your site if you become a subscriber to the channel mentioned earlier. Click on it, link will open on a new window or tab.
How often is this site updated ?
- We try our best to update the site as often as we would like to, but you should see 2 to 3 times a week in changes. So bookmar. Press Control and D so you won’t miss out new stuffs before they get burred into the website.
How can I contribute ?
- You can Login or request your details from youtube channel and if your content is found useful, it may be published. Be sure to include your full name, and web address as footnote. No email will be published for your privacy concern.
Can I become a Volunteer?
- World needs more people like you. As for this site, we don’t know why you would be so interested. It’s a small site. But if you would like to leave your footprint, contact us via youtube channel.
A Message from the leading Volunteer Editor.
Click on the music player icon to listen to his message.